Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Saved by questions..

Who am I; where do I come from? On the surface of it, these questions seems trivial; the answers obvious. Yet, these questions remain critical for us to find direction in life, but also, for trying to decide what and who we concern ourselves with. We often forget these.

Yet, fighting with these words, which form questions, which shake our worlds, can save us. Think back of important decisions you had to make. A key consideration perhaps was your family, or some-one close, right? Look close and ask the question: who is that person? Why is that person so important in my life? What  does it say about how I think of myself.

Today, I am reminded that there are bigger powers at play of which we are powerless. So, we have so much to learn, still and are so small in the bigger scheme of things. It reminds me of some other immortal words.

When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers; the moon and the stars, which you have set in place; what is a human being that you are mindful of us... 

I thank God for constantly reminding me, today of who I am, where I come from, which community I am with and who I am ultimately accountable to... Saving grace. 
Post a Comment

Musings.....