The kind of reconcilation in our beloved South Africa never ceases to amaze me. On the one hand we chase those wretched Reitz-four in the desert, but on the other hand a convicted racist killer plays rugby, on top level for the Pumas. Gert van Schalkwyk, and his three (white) friends, was found guilty last year, for killing a black, homeless man in December 2001. They literally beat and kicked the life out of their poor victim, and after that, the same night, went out to seriously assualt another black man, simply because of their skin colour. Their defence: they looked (black) like criminals. For these sordid acts, they recieved a soft 12 years in prison to which they appealed and now, pending their appeal, believe it or not, they play rugby and enjoy life, almost as if nothing happened.
I don't know what to say..
- ► 2011 (13)
- ► 2010 (43)
- ► 2009 (54)
- Stand with Tibet - Support the Dalai Lama
- Bruin, Swart en Indiers moet ook nou jammer sê oor...
- Black racism lifts its evil face in Attridgeville
- Crime destroys our common human-ness
- Just hit my century....!
- Tim du Plessis, the great pretender
- Convicted racist killer play Vodacom rugby
- James Buys' funeral
- Die kind is nie dood nie
- Reëlings ivm die begrafnisdiens van James Buys, Sa...
- Mandoza's case must be investigated
- Close down Reitz for a new free state
- Christian students can make a difference in the mi...
- James Buys, who is the man ?
- Funeral arrangements for Rev James Buys
- James Buys in memoriam
- ▼ March (16)
- ► 2007 (51)