Tuesday, November 20, 2007

One of life's most embarrasing moments...

Ever prayed that God should open the earth and swallow you ? I felt like that this weekend. maybe this is some sort of search for absolution, a confession maybe... I dont know. I was at church and saw an old friend singing in the choir. She looked beautiful as ever, I thought, notwithstanding the fact that she and her hubby recently had a baby. I thought of her name. I'm sure you know the feeling. Even in church, you loose sense of reality around you. I know this is not suppose to be happening in church but you need to that name, a.b.c.d.e.f..... yea finally, I got it. Amen ! Afterwards I looked to find her, for a chat and yes she was there at the back busy with her camera or something. Brimming with confidence, I walked over to her, greeted, expressing the usual: 'long time.. no see' and then I complimented her on looking so fine after the baby (I don't know if we men are suppose to do it- anyway I did). She looked at me confused, 'a baby ??, I don't have a baby .. what are you talking about' Oh.. man...I was floored...this is someone else, it wasn't she... I offered some pathetic apology, but fortunately she was graceful as ever. Oh... how could I....eish !
Post a Comment

Musings.....